Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Switzerland Report - Days 13-15


|| Aug 9-11 ||

Findings: Rotsee, More Rotsee, and One last dip in Rotsee

Food: Alpler magrone, Spinach curry

Back in Lucerne we had two more delicious Kaleo dinners of homemade Alpler Magrone one night and spinach curry the next. So good.

We spent some of each of our last three days at Rotsee Lake, our preferred vacation spot in Lucerne. It was relaxing and had a challenge for everyone. Kaleo and Emma swam the never-ending laps, Johanna and Alek swam out to the dock, Ilia and Jeanne perfected their technique on the water slide, Chris ran or biked and then assumed his alter ego, lizard-on-a-hot-rock, and I got so mad at my fear of doing a flip off the diving board that I finally did the flip, then flipped and flipped and flipped and flipped.

Here is Johanna's favorite photo from the trip:



Here are my two favorite photos from the trip:

Emma captured with all the elements of her Swiss life, looking happy as can be.



And Johanna, in a self-portrait, reminding me so much of my dad. She totally looks like him here and he would definitely have this pose, both face and thumb, in a photo he took of himself. In fact, I'm sure I've seen several just like this.


The End

5 comments:

  1. I am happy in my Swiss life except for suffering daily from Anne/Johanna withdrawal. We are going to have to fix that.....
    Thanks, Anne, for the nice blog and for coming to visit. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with Emma!
    Thanks a lot and come again soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cried the first time I saw a picture of Emma! Thanks so much, Anne, for giving me a glimpse of all -- I want to duplicate that pink hall at the Hotel Noir...XXOO Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed taking the journey with you. We miss you all! Love, Michele, Richard and Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annie!!!!!!!!
    ok i'm a little late, but it was so great to get a feel of your vacation. I hope next time I will be part of it!!

    love you,Helene

    ReplyDelete